Conceptual notions of two architects.
1. The use of oblique curves and symmetry to add dynamism
2. The visible skeleton: expressed structure: everything used is visible
3. Evoking the sense of movement through the building form
4. The use of a restrained colour and material palette (a lot of white) to draw focus to the structure
5. Inspired to seek simple forms in the hope of creating an emotional response
6. Architecture as a destination: The icon. A stand out sculpture
7. Marrying of structure and architecture.
1. Architecture as a playful, otherworldly place.
2. Appreciates the human individual in his designs: We are not all the same so why should each of our homes be?
3. The careful use of vibrant colours. He uses a lot of colour but delineates it with a strong use of black outlines and planes of white
4. The line between the building and landscape melds: the building as an extension of the landscape rather than as an addition to it
5. Generosity of space: give the individual generous spaces in which to live.
6. "The straight line is godless and immoral"